Áine Duff the current Miss Meath and ambassador for the Meath Women’s refuge charity, has thrown her suport behind its annual Christmas fundraiser.
She said “I am delighted to highlight the life-changing work of Meath Women’s Refuge & Support Services and ask everyone to consider making a Christmas donation. Much of the incredible work the charity does to keep women and children safe is never seen. The Christmas Appeal gives us all a chance to make sure women and children who need help are not left behind.”
Meath Women’s Refuge and Support Services assists women and children affected by domestic violence and abuse across Meath. Set up in 1987, it is a registered charity and one of Navan’s longest established non-profit organisations. Meath Women’s Refuge & Support Services’ mission is to empower women and children who experience domestic violence and abuse on their journey towards safety, wellbeing and recovery through providing specialist support services:
– Crisis refuge accommodation (8 units) and a 24-hour helpline
– A comprehensive Outreach Programme, including court accompaniment
– A holistic Children and Young People’s programme in refuge and the community
– Counselling services for survivors
– Advocacy and leadership to influence positive change in society towards our vision of zero tolerance of violence against women and children.